Melted Taleggio Flat Breads with Three Toppings
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
- Twelve 7-inch flat breads or pocketless pita breads
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 3 large jalapeños
- 1 3/4 pounds Taleggio cheese at room temperature, rind removed and cheese cut into 12 pieces
- Two 6 1/2-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts—drained, patted dry and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Spanish green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted roasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly brush the flat breads on both sides with olive oil. Toast them directly on the oven rack for 6 minutes, or until golden.
- Brush the jalapeños lightly with olive oil. Roast them over a gas flame or under the broiler until softened and blackened in spots, about 4 minutes. Transfer the jalapeños to a bowl, cover with plastic and let cool. Peel, seed and cut the jalapeños into thin strips.
- Spread the Taleggio on the breads, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Top 4 of the breads with the jalapeño strips, 4 with the artichoke hearts and 4 with a mix of the olives and almonds.
- Just before serving, bake the flat breads directly on the oven racks for 5 minutes, or until crisp on the bottom and the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.