- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until very creamy. In 3 additions, beat in the cornstarch and flour.
- Continue to beat the dough until it resembles whipped cream in texture, about 2 minutes.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms start to turn the lightest shade of brown but the tops and sides are still perfectly white.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes then carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
Cookies can be made up to three days in advance and stored carefully (they are very delicate) in an airtight container. They can be frozen for up to one month.