- SERVINGS: 4
This light and refreshing drink tastes like a cross between a smoothie and a lemonade. Use very ripe melon.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled green melon, such as honeydew, cut into 1-inch dice (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tightly packed mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Mint sprigs and lemon slices, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the water with the sugar and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Let cool completely.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the melon with the lemon juice, mint and sugar syrup. Fill 4 large glasses with ice and pour in the melon puree. Top with seltzer, garnish with mint and lemon slices and serve.
One Serving Calories 77 kcal, Total Fat 0.2 gm, Saturated Fat 0.1 gm.