- SERVINGS: 4
This light and refreshing drink tastes like a cross between a smoothie and a lemonade. Use very ripe melon.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled green melon, such as honeydew, cut into 1-inch dice (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tightly packed mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Mint sprigs and lemon slices, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine the water with the sugar and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Let cool completely.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the melon with the lemon juice, mint and sugar syrup. Fill 4 large glasses with ice and pour in the melon puree. Top with seltzer, garnish with mint and lemon slices and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.