© Frances Janisch
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN plus 4 hr freezing
- SERVINGS: makes 3 1/2 cups
- 2 1/2 pounds cantaloupe or honeydew melon—peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup Sugar Syrup
- In a blender, puree the cantaloupe until smooth. You should have 2 1/2 cups of melon puree; reserve any extra for another use. Stir in the Sugar Syrup. Pour the sorbet base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack the melon sorbet into an airtight plastic container. Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the sorbet, cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Scoop into bowls and serve.