- 1 1/2 cups Demerara or other raw sugar
- 6 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill fronds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 20 ounces fresh cantaloupe juice (from 1 medium cantaloupe, juiced and strained)
- In a medium saucepan, stir the sugar with the water over low heat until dissolved. Add the dill and cilantro and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep for 20 more minutes.
- Strain the herb-infused syrup into a bowl and stir in the cantaloupe juice. Pour into a soda siphon (see Note) and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Seal the canister, shake hard and charge according to the manufacturer’s directions with 1 or 2 CO² chargers. Dispense the soda into 8 chilled pilsner glasses.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.