- 1 1/2 cups Demerara or other raw sugar
- 6 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill fronds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 20 ounces fresh cantaloupe juice (from 1 medium cantaloupe, juiced and strained)
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, stir the sugar with the water over low heat until dissolved. Add the dill and cilantro and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let steep for 20 more minutes.
- Strain the herb-infused syrup into a bowl and stir in the cantaloupe juice. Pour into a soda siphon (see Note) and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Seal the canister, shake hard and charge according to the manufacturer’s directions with 1 or 2 CO² chargers. Dispense the soda into 8 chilled pilsner glasses.
Photo © Lucas Allen Published June 2012