© Con Poulos
Melon, Berry and Feta Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Jenn Louis uses whatever melon looks best at the market, and she sometimes swaps out the feta for ricotta salata, or the chives for mint.
Slideshow: More Delicious Summer Salads to Try
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced preserved lemon peel or lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 green melon (about 1 1/4 pounds)—halved, cut into wedges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange or yellow melon (about 1 1/4 pounds)—halved, cut into wedges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, preserved lemon and crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the melon slices and blackberries on a platter. Drizzle the dressing over the fruit. Garnish the salad with the feta and snipped chives and serve.
Delicate, berry-scented rosé Champagne: NV Gatinois Brut Rosé.