© Mark Roper
Melon-and-Peach Salad with Prosciutto and Mozzarella
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Andy Glover of Mission Estate Winery used smoked pork, but prosciutto is also tasty.
- One 1 1/2-pound honeydew melon—seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 peach, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vin cotto or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped marjoram
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto (2 ounces)
- In a bowl, toss the melon and peach with the oil and vin cotto; season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the herbs and cheese. Transfer the salad to a platter, top with the prosciutto and serve.
Try a Chardonnay from New Zealand.