- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup roasted salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced candied ginger
- 1 tablespoon packed mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 medium honeydew melon, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 large cantaloupe, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- In a small skillet, toast the coconut over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Mix in the pistachios.
- In a blender, puree the lime juice, ginger, mint and crushed red pepper until smooth; season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the fruit. Just before serving, sprinkle the fruit with the coconut and pistachios.
The salad can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours.