Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Classic flavors of the Mediterranean come alive in this quinoa salad that's studded with chunks of feta cheese, tomatoes and gently tossed in a tangy vinaigrette.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine the quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and after the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes (there may still be some water not yet absorbed). Remove from heat.
- Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for 5 minutes, or until the remaining water is absorbed. Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa. Set aside to completely cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss together the cooled quinoa, cherry tomatoes, basil, parsley, feta cheese and dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.