© Frances Janisch
Mediterranean Country Sachets
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes 10 sachets
Note For The Gift Tag "Drop into a pork, lamb or beef stew, fish or chicken stock, or chicken or turkey noodle soup."
Plus: Ultimate Holiday Guide
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon each of dried rosemary and dried chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- Ten 7-inch 2-ply squares of cheesecloth
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Ten 6-inch lengths of kitchen string
- In a medium bowl, combine the rosemary with the chives and lavender and stir to blend. Lay the cheesecloth on a work surface. Spoon 2 rounded teaspoons of the dried herbs in the center of each square. Add 1 teaspoon of the black peppercorns to each sachet. Gather each square into a neat bundle and secure with kitchen string.