- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 14 Skewers
- 1 pound mixed ground beef, pork and veal
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 14 basil leaves
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat with the garlic, salt and pepper. Roll the meat mixture into 28 one-inch balls.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the meatballs cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until browned on the outside and cooked all the way through, about 7 minutes.
- On each of 14 cocktail skewers, thread 2 meatballs separated by a cherry tomato half and a basil leaf. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.