- 1/3 cup prepared mole rojo (red) or mole negro (black) (3 ounces)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded roast pork or chicken (about 1 pound)
- Twelve 8-inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack (4 ounces)
- Chopped cilantro, sliced scallions and lime wedges, for serving (optional)
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, whisk the <em>mole</em> into the broth and bring to a boil. Add the pork and simmer over moderately low heat for 10 minutes. Keep warm.
Wrap tortillas in a clean kitchen towel. Warm them in a microwave at high power for 2 minutes, or until hot and pliable.
Lay 4 tortillas on a work surface; keep the rest covered with the towel. Fill each tortilla with a few tablespoons of the meat. Roll up the tortillas into tight cylinders and transfer to a platter. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and meat. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the <em>mole</em> sauce on top. Garnish with the cheese, cilantro, scallions and lime wedges, then serve with the remaining <em>mole</em> sauce.