- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork, veal, turkey or chicken (or a mixture of all four)
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 ounce mortadella, finely chopped
- 1 ounce prosciutto, finely chopped
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Add the ground meat, onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring to break up lumps, until the meat is cooked and the onion is tender, 10 minutes. Add the wine and cook over moderately high heat until evaporated, 4 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture into a food processor and pulse until the meat is finely chopped. Scrape the ravioli filling into a bowl and let cool. Stir in the Parmigiano, mortadella, prosciutto and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the beaten egg.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.