Meat Loaf with Mustard Seeds and White Pepper
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8 to 10
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and cream and let stand until the crumbs absorb the cream, about 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, veal and pork with the breadcrumb mixture, egg yolks, mustard seeds, whole-grain mustard, parsley, garlic, white pepper and salt, blending thoroughly. Pack the mixture into a 2-quart loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat loaf registers 155°. Let the meat loaf rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Malbec from Argentina has become incredibly popular over the past couple of years, largely because it offers lots of flavor for a modest price. It also has a peppery kick that makes it a great match for this aromatic meat loaf.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.