- One 3-ounce slices of pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 bunches of watercress, thick stems discarded
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted pistachios
- 2 ounces Maytag blue cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium skillet, cook the pancetta over moderate heat until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss the watercress with the pancetta, dates, pistachios, blue cheese, olive oil and sherry vinegar. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve.
Contributed By Melissa Rubel Jacobson Photo Published