- One 3-ounce slices of pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 bunches of watercress, thick stems discarded
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted pistachios
- 2 ounces Maytag blue cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a medium skillet, cook the pancetta over moderate heat until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
In a large bowl, toss the watercress with the pancetta, dates, pistachios, blue cheese, olive oil and sherry vinegar. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve.