- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 4 graham crackers, coarsely crushed
- 1 pint lemon sorbet
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries with the sugar, orange juice and vanilla and pulse until the strawberries are coarsely chopped. Let stand until the strawberries release some of their juice, about 10 minutes. Process the strawberries until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand-held mixer, beat the cream at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the strawberry sauce into 4 parfait glasses. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a sprinkling of the crushed graham crackers, a scoop of the lemon sorbet and another 2 tablespoons of the strawberry sauce. Top the parfaits with a dollop of the whipped cream and finish with a sprinkling of the graham crackers. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.