- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large English cucumber (1 pound)—halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 medium jalapeño—halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the curry powder, cayenne, ginger and coriander and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp over moderately high heat until slightly charred and white throughout, about 2 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl mix the yogurt with the mint, cilantro, cumin seeds and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir in the cucumber and jalapeño, and season with salt and pepper. Serve the grilled shrimp with the cucumber salad and lemon wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.