Sesame Edamame with Chili Sauce
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 20
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Four 14-ounce packages frozen edamame in the pods
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the sesame seeds in a pie plate and bake for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Working in batches, add the edamame to the pot and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes; use a wire skimmer to transfer each batch to a large bowl. Pat the edamame dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the melted butter with the toasted sesame seeds, sesame oil, chili-garlic paste and sweet chili sauce. Pour the sauce over the edamame, season with the salt and toss well. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.