Â© Fredrika StjÃ¤rne
Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Salad
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 20
If there is room on the grill, the peppers and corn can be cooked at the same time.
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 3 red bell peppers, cored and seeded but left whole
- 15 ears of corn, husked
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- Light a grill. Roast the peppers over a hot fire, turning, until charred all over, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 10 minutes. Peel the peppers and cut them into 1/4-inch strips.
- Brush the corn with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning, until charred in spots but still slightly crisp, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly. Working in a large bowl, cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Add the peppers and red onion to the corn. Stir in the lime juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the cilantro and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and toss again, then serve.