Rigatoni with Parsley and Smoked Almond Pesto
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Smoked almonds lend a subtle smokiness and terrific crunch to this parsley pesto. If you can't find them, substitute regular almonds and add a dash of smoked paprika. Try the pesto on salmon as well.
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1/3 cup smoked almonds
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- In a mini food processor, pulse the almonds with the parsley and garlic until finely chopped. With the machine on, add the olive oil and puree until combined. Add the 1/4 cup cheese and pulse. Season the pesto with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the rigatoni until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Return the rigatoni and the reserved water to the pot. Add the pesto and tomatoes and cook over low heat, stirring until the pasta is thoroughly coated, about 1 minute. Serve the rigatoni in bowls, passing grated cheese and pepper at the table.