- 8 ounces dried chorizo, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound capellini, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3 thyme sprigs
- One 14-ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 cup tomato puree
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a very large skillet, cook the chorizo over moderately high heat until crisp, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a plate. Drain off all but 3 tablespoons of the chorizo oil in the skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the capellini and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 3 minutes. Add the thyme, butter beans, chicken stock, tomato puree and the reserved chorizo. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cover the skillet and simmer over moderate heat until the pasta is tender, about 2 minutes. Let the fideos stand for 1 minute, then spoon into bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.