Â© Lucy Schaeffer
Potato Salad with Herbs and Fresh Goat Cheese
- ACTIVE: 35 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 20
- 7 pounds baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound mild fresh goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves
- Put the potatoes in 2 large pots and cover with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly.
- Peel the potatoes. Halve them lengthwise, then slice crosswise 1/3 inch thick. Transfer the warm potatoes to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss gently to coat the potatoes.
- Shortly before serving, add the crumbled goat cheese, garlic, oregano and basil to the potato salad and toss well. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Make Ahead The potato salad can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.