Mango and Red Cabbage Slaw
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 20
- 1 large head of red cabbage, cored and shredded (12 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 medium mangoespeeled, thinly sliced and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- In a large bowl, toss the red cabbage with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar with the sugar and salt until they dissolve. Pour the vinegar over the cabbage and toss well. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Add the mango and sesame seeds to the cabbage and toss well. Transfer the slaw to platters, garnish with the scallions and sesame oil and serve.
Make Ahead The seasoned cabbage can be refrigerated overnight.