Mango and Red Cabbage Slaw
- ACTIVE: 40 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 20
- 1 large head of red cabbage, cored and shredded (12 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 medium mangoespeeled, thinly sliced and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- In a large bowl, toss the red cabbage with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar with the sugar and salt until they dissolve. Pour the vinegar over the cabbage and toss well. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Add the mango and sesame seeds to the cabbage and toss well. Transfer the slaw to platters, garnish with the scallions and sesame oil and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.