Grilled Steak Caesar Salad
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
Using some of the dressing as a quick marinade gives the meat tons of flavor and a nice crust.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 oil-packed anchovies, drained
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 2-pound flank steak
- 3 slices seeded rye bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 3 romaine hearts (1 pound), cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a food processor, blend the mayonnaise with the lemon juice, mustard, anchovies, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, 1/4 cup of the Parmigiano-Reggiano and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until smooth. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. On a large plate, spread 1/4 cup of the dressing all over the steak and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss the rye bread cubes with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the croutons are golden and crisp. Let cool.
- Light a grill. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat, turning once, until the steak is medium rare, about 14 minutes. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine with the arugula, cherry tomatoes, rye croutons, the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmigiano-Reggiano and the reserved dressing. Thinly slice the steak on the diagonal across the grain. Mound the salad on plates, top with the steak slices and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.