Grilled Pizza with Asparagus, Scallions and Fontina
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Cut into small squares, this hors d'oeuvre.
Healthy Grilling Recipes
- 6 thin asparagus spears
- 3 scallions
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 12-ounce ball pizza dough
- 3 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely grated pecorino cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, torn
- Light a grill. On a plate, toss the asparagus and scallions with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus and scallions over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer the asparagus and scallions to a work surface and cut crosswise into 1-inch lengths.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough to an 1/8-inch-thick oval. Rub both sides of the dough with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Grill the pizza dough over moderate heat, turning once, until crisp and lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the crust to a work surface.
- Top the crust with the asparagus, scallions, fontina and pecorino. Return the pizza to the grill, cover and cook until the cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with the oregano and season with pepper. Cut into slices and serve.