Grilled Middle Eastern Meatballs
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Pass crisp lettuce leaves and tangy yogurt with these cumin-spiced patties and assemble them at the table.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons zatar (see Note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bibb lettuce leaves and plain yogurt, for serving
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, gently mix the chuck with the onion, garlic, parsley, mint, zatar, salt, cumin and pepper. Form the meat into 1 1/2-inch balls and flatten them to 3/4 inch thick patties.
- Grill the meatballs over moderately high heat until pink in the center, about 2 minutes per side. Wrap the grilled meatballs in lettuce leaves and serve with yogurt.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.