- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Greek-style plain whole milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fig jam
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the milk and let stand for 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine the cream and sugar and cook over moderate heat until bubbles appear around the edge. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Put the yogurt in a medium bowl. Strain the warm cream mixture into the yogurt through a fine mesh sieve. Whisk until smooth. Refrigerate the panna cotta for about 20 minutes, until it thickens slightly.
- Swirl 3 tablespoons of the fig jam into the panna cotta and pour into four 6-ounce ramekins. Refrigerate the panna cotta for 3 hours, until set.
- Spoon the remaining 2 teaspoons of fig jam onto the panna cottas, sprinkle with the pistachios and serve.
The panna cottas can be refrigerated for up to 1 day before serving.
Contributed By Melissa Rubel Jacobson Photo Published