Curried Tuna Salad BLTs
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Curry powder gives tuna salad a flavorful twist and turns it into surprising but delicious addition to a classic BLT.
- Two 7-ounce cans tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 thick slices of bacon (10 ounces)
- 8 slices whole-wheat sourdough bread
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat the broiler. In a medium bowl, fold the tuna with the mayonnaise, celery, red onion and curry powder and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- On a large baking sheet, broil the bread until lightly toasted for about 1 minute. Spread the tuna salad on the untoasted side of 4 slices. Top with the bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. Close the sandwiches, cut in half and serve.