- 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons harissa or chili paste or Asian chili paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 European cucumbers—peeled, halved, seeded and sliced crosswise 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup torn mint leaves
- 1 cup golden raisins
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pistachios in a pie pan and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, then chop.
In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt with the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and harissa. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the cucumbers between 2 large bowls. Add half of the yogurt dressing to each bowl and toss to coat the cucumbers.
Add the mint, raisins and toasted pistachios to the cucumbers and toss. Transfer the cucumber salad to 2 bowls and serve.
The cucumber salad can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated for up to 1 hour.