- 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons harissa or chili paste or Asian chili paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 European cucumbers—peeled, halved, seeded and sliced crosswise 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup torn mint leaves
- 1 cup golden raisins
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pistachios in a pie pan and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, then chop.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt with the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and harissa. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the cucumbers between 2 large bowls. Add half of the yogurt dressing to each bowl and toss to coat the cucumbers.
- Add the mint, raisins and toasted pistachios to the cucumbers and toss. Transfer the cucumber salad to 2 bowls and serve.
The cucumber salad can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated for up to 1 hour.