- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 4 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make this recipe
- Sift the matcha powder into the pan of a double boiler and whisk in 1 tablespoon of the heavy cream, whisking until no lumps remain. Whisk in 3 more tablespoons of heavy cream and add the white chocolate. Heat over medium low, stirring, until the chocolate has melted. Remove it from the heat and let it cool for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s cool to the touch.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks form. Combine half of the whipped cream with the melted white chocolate, and then fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spoon into 4 individual small bowls, cover, and let them set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve with additional whipped cream, shaved white chocolate, or fresh berries.
Photo Photo © Molly Yeh Published February 2015