- 1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts
- 1 cup quinoa puffs or other grain puffs such as millet
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon matcha powder, optional
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, brown rice syrup or honey
How to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 325°. Pulse pistachios into medium pieces in a food processor, in 2 to 3 batches.
Combine nuts, quinoa puffs and flakes, cranberries, vanilla, matcha powder, salt and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl. Pour maple syrup over and mix to coat. If using brown rice syrup or honey, gently warm it up to make it runny and pour over the mixture, combining thoroughly.
Line a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with parchment paper, extending it over the sides. Spoon the granola mixture into the dish and press into an even layer with a spoon.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until it hardens and is slightly golden on the edges. Let cool and lift out of baking dish, using the extended sides of parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut into bars of preferred shape and size. Keep in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerate for crunchier bars.