- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 3/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, toss together the coconut and matcha powder. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture and spoon 2-inch mounds onto the baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. Bake until the tops begin to brown, about 20 minutes.
Photo Photo © Molly Yeh Published February 2015