Mashed Roasted Garlic
- ACTIVE: 05 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1/2 cup
These fragrant roasted garlic is great mixed into mashed potatoes.
Slideshow: More Garlic Recipes
- 2 large heads of garlic, halved horizontally
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Arrange the garlic cut side up on a sheet of foil and drizzle with the olive oil. Season the garlic with salt and pepper and wrap it in the foil. Roast the garlic for about 1 hour, until very soft. Let cool, then squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skins and mash.
Make AheadThe mashed roasted garlic can be covered in oil, stored in a jar and refrigerated for up to 1 week.