Mashed Fingerling Potatoes with Cucumber Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 pounds large fingerling potatoes, peeled
- 1 Kirby cucumberpeeled, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, shaking off the excess water. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and coarsely mash.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the cucumber with the vinegar until smooth. Strain the cucumber vinegar into a bowl, pressing on the solids; discard the solids.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the shallots and cook over moderately low heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the cucumber vinegar and sugar, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Pour the cucumber vinaigrette over the potatoes. Add the chives and celery leaves, season with salt and pepper and stir gently to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.