- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Kosher salt
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, serrano, garam masala, cayenne, turmeric, mustard powder and coriander. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the cumin seeds and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until deeply golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until curled and white throughout, about 2 minutes. Stir in the scallions and cilantro. Transfer the shrimp to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
Zesty, tropical New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.