- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 4 cups (enough to frost 12 cupcakes)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the granulated sugar with the water and bring to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl of a standing electric mixer, beat the egg whites with the pinches of cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer at medium speed, carefully pour the hot sugar syrup into the egg whites. Continue beating the frosting until cool and billowy, about 5 minutes. Immediately spread the frosting on the cupcakes and top as desired.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.