- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
- Three 3-inch strips of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces shishito peppers, halved lengthwise
- Two 7-ounces cans or jars good-quality tuna in olive oil, drained and broken into large chunks
- One 15-ounces can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery hearts, plus 1/4 cup celery leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped Castelvetrano olives
- Lemon wedges and crusty bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, tarragon, coriander, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the lemon wedges and bread and toss to coat. Cover and let stand for at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread.
The marinated tuna can be refrigerated for 1 week.
Minerally Greek white.