Marinated Pearl Onion Salad
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1 pound pearl onions
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the pearl onions and boil over moderately high heat until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the onions then cool them under cold water; pat dry. Trim the root end from each onion and slip off the skins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar with the olive oil. Add the pearl onions, season with salt and pepper and toss. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Add the parsley, toss well and serve.