- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 19-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound seedless European or Kirby cucumbers, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 large red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Add the chickpeas and let marinate for at least 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in the cucumbers, radishes, onion and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
The chickpeas can be refrigerated overnight in the dressing; add the vegetables just before serving.