- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal or julienned
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Salt the water, then add the carrots and cook until they are barely tender, about 3 minutes; drain them.
In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, shallot, parsley, mustard and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Add the carrots and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve the carrot salad chilled or at room temperature.
The marinated carrots can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
One Serving 183 calories, 14.3 gm total fat, 2.0 gm saturated fat, 14 gm carb.