Marinated Carrot Salad
- ACTIVE: 35 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HRS 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This garlicky salad travels well. Pack it in a container for a potluck supper or serve it as a side dish with anything from pork and steak to chicken and fish.
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal or julienned
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Salt the water, then add the carrots and cook until they are barely tender, about 3 minutes; drain them.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, shallot, parsley, mustard and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Add the carrots and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve the carrot salad chilled or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.