Marinated Cabbage Slaw
- SERVINGS: 10
This slaw needs to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight for the flavor to develop, so plan accordingly.
- 2 medium heads of green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large onion, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons celery seeds
- Layer the cabbage and onion alternately in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar with the oil, sugar, chicken stock, salt, dry mustard and celery seeds. Bring to a boil, then pour the mixture over the cabbage and onion. Do not mix.
- Let the slaw marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.Toss before serving.