- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 lime wedge
- 12 ounces blanco tequila
- 6 ounces Cointreau or other triple sec
- 12 Cucumber Ice Cubes (see Notes)
- 6 ounces Cucumber Mix (see Notes)
- 6 cucumber wheels, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Make the spice mix On a small plate, combine the sugar, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Make the cocktail Moisten the outer rim of 6 martini glasses with the lime wedge and coat lightly with the spice mix. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau and Cucumber Mix; add the Cucumber Ice Cubes and shake well. Strain into the prepared martini glasses and garnish with the cucumber wheels.
Cucumber Mix & Cucumber Ice Cubes:
In a medium bowl, mix the juice of 2 English cucumbers with 2 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice, 2 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice, 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reserve 8 ounces for the drinks; pour the rest into an ice cube tray and freeze. Makes 8 ounces Cucumber Mix and about 1 dozen ice cubes.--Todd Thrasher