- Four 10-inch flour tortillas
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes (2 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, preferably buffalo, shredded (4 cups)
- 1 cup finely shredded basil leaves
How to make this recipe
- Set a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°, allowing at least 45 minutes for the stone to heat.
- Brush both sides of one tortilla with olive oil. Place the tortilla on a lightly floured pizza peel and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Thinly slice 1 tomato; arrange on the tortilla. Season with salt and pepper and top with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Slide the tortilla onto the hot pizza stone and bake for about 8 minutes, until the pizza is crisp on the bottom and the cheese is bubbling. Garnish with 1/4 cup of the shredded basil, cut the pizza into 8 wedges and serve. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, tomatoes, cheeses and basil.
Crisp, medium-bodied Provençal rosé.