Marcona Almond Blondies
- ACTIVE: 50 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS
- SERVINGS: 20
Jose Garces swaps out the usual walnuts in these blondies for Spain's salted, olive oil-toasted marcona almonds.
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for brushing
- 3 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup roasted almond butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups marcona almonds, chopped (9 ounces)
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips (11 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 325º. Lightly brush a 9-by-13-inch metal baking pan with butter.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the 2 1/2 sticks of butter over moderate heat until golden brown, 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar, eggs, almond butter, vanilla, salt and cinnamon to the butter and whisk until smooth. Stir in the flour, then fold in 1 1/2 cups of the almonds and 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with an offset or a nonstick spatula. Scatter the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top. Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Transfer the pan to a rack and let the blondies cool completely before cutting.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.