- 1/2 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 smoked skinless trout fillet (4 ounces), flaked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bagels and sliced tomatoes, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, using a spatula, mix the cream cheese with the trout until blended but still slightly chunky. Fold in the capers, parsley, shallot and lemon zest and season with pepper. Scrape the spread into a small bowl and serve with bagels and sliced tomatoes.
The spread can be refrigerated overnight.