Smoked Trout Spread with Capers
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 1/2 cups
Serve this super easy spread with bagels and sliced tomatoes.
- 1/2 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 smoked skinless trout fillet (4 ounces), flaked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bagels and sliced tomatoes, for serving
- In a medium bowl, using a spatula, mix the cream cheese with the trout until blended but still slightly chunky. Fold in the capers, parsley, shallot and lemon zest and season with pepper. Scrape the spread into a small bowl and serve with bagels and sliced tomatoes.
Make AheadThe spread can be refrigerated overnight.