Â© Fredrika StjÃ¤rne
Roasted Parsnips with Mustard Vinaigrette
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Roasting the parsnips makes them sweet. This hearty side dish is great served alongside pan-roasted or grilled steak.
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 2 pounds parsnips—peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise on the diagonal 1/2 inch thick
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the parsnips with 1/3 cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the parsnips on a large baking sheet in an even layer and roast for 30 minutes, until caramelized.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard and sugar with the remaining 1/3 cup of olive oil until blended. Stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper and pass the vinaigrette alongside the roasted parsnips.